Jack Reacher(2012)
Country: USA
Based on: One shot by Lee Child
Produced by: Tom Cruise, Paula Wagner,
Gary Levinsohn, Dana Goldberg
Cinematography: Caleb Deschanel
Music by: Joe Kraemer
Editing by: Kevin Stitt
Starring: Tom Cruise
Rosamund Pike
Richard Jenkins
Werner Herzog
David Oyelowo
Robert Duvall
Budget: $ 60 million
Box Office: $ 218,340,595
Duration: 130 minutes
Genre: Action, thriller, detective
«He doesn't care about
the law,he doesn't care about proof, he only cares about what is right»
What impressed me most
of all in film
First of all I want to say that despite the fact I am
not a fan of such genres like thriller and action this film I find very
thrilling. The plot was really unpredictable. If in most of cases in detective
films I could divine who was the main villain and how occurrences had happened
here from the very outset I had no idea at all who could organize assassination
of 5 seemingly unknown to each other people and what were the reasons of that.
So when the main character, Jack Reacher (a person without any past) appeared I
watched what would be further with high aspiration. Generally a main culprit is
found out at the end of film by chance, what can be very improbable, but in
this one the main character is going towards his aim step by step so evolution
of story is made in logical sequence. There is a feeling that Jack is
absolutely confident in his knowledge and past experience. Hence he knows
exactly where to start investigation and what should he do. What I want to
mention is that due to all his and Helen Rodin inquiry I was under pressure
because it seemed that something could affect them. Besides, when in the middle
of the film thanks to Jack the name of criminal was come to light I was until
recently sure that father (public prosecutor) of Helen was in cahoots with these
delinquents but indeed it was assistant of public prosecutor, what made me be
in a shock.
What I don’t think was so good
Although I enjoy sense of humor, strength of will,
high mentality and trained strong body of Jack Reacher I don’t think that such
person can exist in real life. In spite of level of peril it seems that he
isn’t afraid of anything, what looks highly unlikely. Naturally, I can believe
that when 5 guys attacked he could keep cool because he realized that his own
experience in fighting was much greater and he could win them easily. However,
when a professional murder rang him up in order to tell that he abducted Helen
Jack answered that he had proof of this murder’s guilt and the life of this
girl wasn’t interested him. After that Reacher called this guy himself and told
him the condition of solution of this situation. In my point of view, it was
too unreal. It is a feeling that this character, Jack Reacher, is a part of
dominant ideology, that suggest intrepidity, great intelligence and
impregnability of men.
The settings and light of final fight

The final fight takes place in desolated canyon at
night. There is a huge space and virtually no light. It was made in order to
spectator feel tension and can’t predict what will be next during this scene.
Moreover, at night this scene seems more mysterious and impressive. There are 2
places, which are shown. One is in the heart of canyon and another is on the
top of mountain. There are displayed because in these locations people prepare
for final fight,
which will be fateful for both of them (on the first location
main evildoers are waiting for Jack Reacher, who they must kill and in the
second local position Jack and his ally themselves get ready to release Helen).






No comments:
Post a Comment